Are you ready for a boil water order?
Most facilities have an action plan for a power outage, but what about a lack of water? Check with your water supplier and ask to be placed on the call list for early notification of issues with the water quality. Then, develop an action plan before a potential disaster.
Things to consider include:
- Does the water quality impact your product? If so, how.
- Would your existing product, that was manufactured before you were notified of the boil order, be adversely affected? If so, what do you do with the affected products?
- Once an emergency supply is available for hand washing, drinking, eyewash stations, sanitation, etc., can you continue to
- Identify an emergency supply and hauler (should be handled as a new supplier of a raw material in terms of approval).
- How do you hook the emergency supply to your existing lines?
- For more information, check with your local authorities and regulators!
For more information, check with your local authorities and regulators!