How do you measure quality?
If a customer asks for certain attributes for their target or gold standard product. Can you deliver?
Some of the scoring attributes that manufacturers measure to keep quality consistent from shift to shift and from day to day production include:
In order to consistently meet consumer demands, ingredient suppliers must meet manufacturer specifications for each product. Consider these quality expectations when approving ingredient suppliers:
- Have they successfully passed regular third-party food safety inspections, such as GMP, SQF, or BRC?
- Do they deliver ingredient(s) with a Certificate of Analysis?
- Are your product specifications met with each delivery?
- Who owns the product? Does the supplier manufacture the ingredient or do they source from another supplier?
- Are your ingredients delivered in a timely manner?
Just as your customers have high expectations, you should also have high expectations of your ingredient suppliers.